A high quality and comfortable mattress is an essential part of a much-needed sleeping experience that is necessary for rejuvenation of one’s energies after a long, arduous day at work. Traditionally, mattresses were simply a sponge-like material, encased in a fabric outer covering. The mattresses were subject to sagging after long use, were uncomfortable as the user often tossed and turned due to heat pockets within and around the mattress.
However, with the advent of the memory foam mattress, the sleep experience as we know it has been enhanced to comfort levels that have previously not been experienced. The memory foam mattresses incorporate revolutionary gel infusion technology that not only conforms to the users body curves and contours, they primarily allow adequate circulation of air through the mattress structure. This serves to ensure that the user has a comfortable and relaxing sleep experience. The Brentwood Gel HD mattress is a high quality and comfortable example of a superior memory foam mattress with innovative gel infusion technology.
Pros & Cons
- High quality and comfortable, cushioning feel.
- No motion disturbance.
- Elimination of heat pockets due to improved airflow in the mattress structure and dissipation of body heat.
- Cost effective and great value for the money spent.
- The bamboo cover tends to develop holes after prolonged use resulting in undesirable protrusion of the mattress contents.
- The mattress is considered relatively hard.
- The lumbar support and spinal alignment is a bit wanting.
Unique 3 Memory Foam Layers With Gel Infusion
The Brentwood 13-inch memory foam mattress has three distinct foam layers which include a 3.5-inch thick memory foam layer with gel capsules, a 2 inch thick ventilated airflow layer that allows adequate airflow through the mattress structure and a 7.5-inch thick support layer.
The Brentwood mattress has a natural wool top layer that serves to wick away moisture, eliminate unwanted smells and odors and is, incidentally a natural fire retardant. It has a zippered bamboo cover that stretches in all directions and serves to relieve pressure on important joints like the shoulder, neck and hip joint.
Safety and Precautionary Features
The Brentwood mattress integrates CentiPUR-US certified foam materials which are safes and free from dangerous chemicals such as heavy metals, formaldehyde, phthalates, PBDE flame retardants and ozone depleters. It has been passed through vigorous tests and quality controls to ensure that it has environmentally safe and relatively low VOC emissions and this improves the overall quality of the indoor air.
Guarantee and Warranty
The Brentwood mattress comes with a manufacturer’s guarantee of 25 years and this shows the level of commitment and confidence in the product. This inherently implies that the mattress will not be prone to undesirable sagging and manufacturers defects. In such cases, the manufacturer takes full responsibility and will promptly replace any defective products.
Practical Effective Shipping Package
The Brentwood mattress is compressed and rolled by the manufacturer to compact it in an effective package that makes it easy to ship and set upon delivery.
Product Specifications and Dimensions
The Brentwood Gel HD 13-inch Memory Foam mattress has overall dimensions of 80 X 60 X 13 inches ( L X W X H). It has a weight of 50 pounds.
The Brentwood Gel HD 13-inch memory foam mattress basically consists of 3 layers that ensure that the user enjoys a well deserved and good night’s sleep. The three layers include:
- Instant Recovery Gel Memory Foam Layer which is 3.5 inches thick. The memory foam softens to body heat and conforms to body contours. It quickly regains its shape when relieved of the user’s weight.
- A Cool Airflow Layer that is ventilated which is 2 inches thick that allows the mattress structure to breathe due to the inclusion of gel beads in the memory foam layer.
- A Base Support Layer which is 7.5 inches thick and provides stability and durability.
The topmost layer of the mattress comprises of a luscious natural wool layer that serves to wick away any moisture, resists unpleasant odors and is a natural fire retardant. It also has a stretchable bamboo cover with a zip to ensure that it relieves pressure on joints.